CEPA's training in capacity building programme is demand driven based on needs assessment of institutions and take the form of workshops, seminars, lectures and internship for strengthening human resource capacity in Ghana and the sub-region. Training programmes include:
Poverty Analysis; revenue projections; expenditure analysis; and trade policy analysis with particular emphasis on the Agreements of the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
Resource persons were drawn from CEPA to:
- Workshop on Poverty Measurements organized by the Institute of Social and Economic Research, (ISSER) and funded by the World Bank Institute and SISERA.
- Lecture Microeconomics to Executive MBA class of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
- Lecture International Trade Theory and Policy to Level 400 students of the Department of Economics at the University of Ghana.
- Provide technical assistance to the Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) to review tariffs for water and electricity.
- The World Bank Institute in Washington D.C. contracted CEPA as the local coordinator to run a training program on fiscal policy for poverty reduction. The training program was held concurrently in three other African countries, using the Distance Learning Video Conference Facilities of the World Bank at GIMPA, Accra.
- Basic Poverty Measurement and Diagnostics Course, Organised by World Bank Institute and SISERA, held at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi, Kenya. March 11-18, 2002; Accra. July 2-10, 2002
- Training program on On-Sight Interviewers May 28-29, 2002.
- Training workshop on Poverty Measurements organized by the Institute of Social and Economic Research, (ISSER) Accra-Ghana, funded by the World Bank Institute and SISERA. (2002)
- SISERA-WBI Advanced Poverty Training Sessions at CREFA, CANADA from August 27-September 29, 2002.
- Training Workshop on Development, Trade and the WTO Handbook at GIMPA, Accra from November 06-08, 2002.
- Lectures on Microeconomics to Executive MBA class of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
- Lectures on International Trade Theory and Policy to M.Phil and Level 400 students of the Department of Economics at the University of Ghana.
- Lecture on M. A. Microeconomics for Policy Making, at the Economic Policy Management Program (EPM).
- M. Phil. lecture on International Finance, University of Ghana, Legon.