CEPA organises workshops and seminars on results and findings of its research activities. Other dissemination activities of the Centre include public lectures for business groups and civil society organisations, radio and television programmes on the Ghanaian economy.
Seminars and Workshops
CEPA has participated in a number of workshops and seminars. These include:
- The role of the Media in Africa's Search for Economic Emancipation: a focus on Challenges of Poverty Reduction in Africa; an International Workshop organized by CEPA, ASEMPA Publishers and World Association of Christian Communication (WACC)
at the Presbyterian Women's Training Centre, Abokobi, Accra, March 9-12, 2003
- Workshop on ‘Economic Policy and Research in Africa’, John Hopkins University African Day, USA.
- Seminar organized by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture and resulted in the Framework Paper: Food and Agriculture Sector Development Programme (FASDEP).
- National Economic Dialogue organized by the Ministry of Economic Planning
- Workshop on ‘Poverty in the Globalising World: The Role of Rural Institutions’ in Nairobi, Kenya organized by FASID and the AERC (July 2002).
- Meeting on ‘Trade Standards’ in Nairobi, Kenya organized by the AERC and World Bank,(July 2002).
- Workshop on ‘Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper’ as part of the Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers consultative process.
- MIMAP Regional Meeting held in Morocco, January, 2002
- Public forum organized by AERC Senior Policy Workshop held in Dar-es Salam, February, 2002.
- Public forum organized by ISSER and the Merchant Bank Limited in Accra, April 2002.
- Two-Day Public Forum organized for the Christian Council of Ghana in Accra, Koforidua, and Tamale from May to October 2002.
- American Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, October 2002.
- Workshop organized by the AERC in Kampala, Uganda, November 13-16, 2002.
- Meeting of Institute of Financial and Economic Journalists and UNICEF (Ghana), September 13, 2002
- Trade in Services Workshop, Johannesburg, April 18-21, 2002
- Workshop on the Review of Economic Policy Management Programmes in Africa, Abidjan, July 3-5, 2002
- Seminar organized by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture and resulted in the Policy Framework Paper: Food and Agriculture Sector Development Programme (FASDEP).
- National Economic Dialogue organized by the Ministry of Economic Planning, May, 2002
- Seminar organized for the business community by the Private Enterprise Foundation, Ghana on Economic Performance 2002 August, 2002.
- Workshop Retreat on the National Economy, Poverty Reduction and Parliament organized by the Parliamentary Centre, Canada, the WBI and CIDA. June 15, 2002.
- Workshop on Africa Imperatives in the New World Trade Order organised by AERC, Kampala, Uganda, November 13-16, 2002.
- Workshop on Poverty Reduction in Ghana: Research Needs in the Light of Policy Changes organised by ISSER, October 9, 2002.
- Fifth AERC Policy Seminar, Dar es Salaam, February 12-15, 2002.
- Workshop on Development, Trade and the WTO. Organised by the World Bank, November 06-09, 2002.
- Seminar organized for the business community by the Private Enterprise Foundation, Ghana on Mid-Year Economic Performance (2001).
- Seminar on a “Public Resource to Benefit the Poor” at the Distance Learning Center, GIMPA, Legon organized by the World Bank Institute (WBI). (May-August 2001).
- Workshop on ‘Excise Taxation’ organized by the International Tax and Investment Centre in the United Kingdom (September 2001).
- Second African Forum on ‘Poverty Reduction Strategies’ in Dakar, Senegal (September 2001).
- Workshop on ‘International Payments Systems in ECOWAS’ organized by CEPA,(September 2001).
CEPA held a 2-day Forum for the Christian Council of Ghana under the theme “The 2002 National Budget, Enhanced HIPC Initiatives and the Role of the Church in Demanding Public Accountability” from May to October 2002 in Accra, Koforidua, Sunyani and Tamale respectively.
- A Paper—Economic Crisis and Management in Ghana was delivered at a public lecture at the Teachers’ Hall organized by Akuafo Hall Alumni Association, University of Ghana, Legon
- The HIPC Initiative and Ghana was delivered to Rotary Clubs of Labone and Tema in February, 2002 and March 2002 respectively
- Lecutre on "The 2002 National Budget" to the Rotary Club of Accra East, April, 2002
- The Accountant's Role in Ensuring Financial Accountability, lecture delivered to the Institute of Chartered Accountants, April, 2002.
- The HIPC Initiative and Its Implication for Fiscal Management was delivered to Sectional Directors of the Ministry of Finance in June, 2002
Discussions with the Private Sector
- State of the Economy of Ghana discussions held with Swedish team of Investors, April 23, 2002
- The Group Economist of Standard Chartered Bank International, April 25, 2002.
- A team from UNILEVER Ghana Ltd. on June, 2002